Sunday, 27 April 2014
Trend Alert - Overalls. Plus, how to rock them!
It was the IT apparel in the 70's, 90's and now it is back in 2014. Overalls are hitting the fashion scene in the most chic way you can ever imagine. Gone were the days when overalls where worn strictly in workshops and feilds - GUESS and Rag N Bone were some of the designers that gave the one piece clothing a whole new interpretation at fashion week.
The most important tip to pulling overalls off is getting the fit right. These days, overalls have been designed to be more fitted to the body rather than the baggy shiouette we had years back.
Here are a few ways to rock the trend -
1. Low backs - To avoid puffy 'behinds', choose a sexy cross lowback just like hilary Duffs. They give you the needed fit to better accentuate your back side.
2. Cropped tops - talk about young, wild and fashionable. Pair your onsie with some sexy cropped top like kylie Jenner and achieve that really sweet yet sexy look. Cropped tops are still very much in trend.
the crop pants look cool too but woulnt advice for petitte fashionista's
3. Cuff it up - Cuffing your overalls (if they are pants) is very eye catching. Paired with your favorite pump, sandals, flats or sneaks.....you're sure to look dahm good!
4. Put a jacket on it - Now this is one very chic way to wear overalls. The only thing you need to bear in mind when going down this lane (considering our environment) is to layer it with a very light Tee or Top underneath. Make sure that your jacket is bright hued for maximum contrast.
5. Wear a pair of heels - ofcos, not only because they're sexy (which they are, duh) but also to elongate your legs. Lol!
Uche Iwuji and Ugonna Omeruo did a pretty good job in their interpretation too right!
I'd really suggest you fashionistas try to invest in one as they are gradually becoming a staple. Its about re-styling as they come in season.
All that being said, what do you think about the trend? Would you be hopping on the wagon?
Do share your thoughts!