Sunday 21 April 2013

The 'PEAR' shaped woman! You rock!





Okay now, we women especially Africans may be a little bit 'over endowed' at our lower bottom sometimes and the truth is not everyone is lucky enough to have the appropriate bust to balance this off but this shouldn't  hinder us from being stylish and fashionable right? Trust  me, a lot of women crave for what you have. Also known as the triangle shape and mostly typical to African women, this body type is the most common.


With this body type, you find it a little bit difficult getting clothing that clinges to your waist and fits the hips at the same time. Besides, you are likely to have very little breasts which could make your outfits unflattering sometimes if not properly dressed. International celebrities in this category include Beyonce, Rihanna, Alicia Keys, Shakira, Jenifer Lopez, Eva Longoria, JLW. Here in the home front we have Omotola Jalade, Damilola Adegbite, Tiwa Savage, Ini Edo and Kaylah. 

Good thing for ladies in this category is that not all women are blessed with booty and hips at the same time (am sure you get, lol). All you need to do is work with the appropriate clothings to accentuate your amazing figure. As usual, lets start by identifying if you truly are 'pear' shaped cos a lot of women confuse this with the hour glass.

1. You have very narrow shoulders (not broad)
2. You have a visibly thin waist
3. You are blessed with large hips and booty (both doesn't necessarily come together tho)
4. You are obviously heavy at your lower body.

Now that you know for sure, this is where you fall, its time to hit the stores and find you some good outfits.

Being pear shaped, the number one thing to keep in mind is that we want to attract attention to your upper half and also balance off your hips with shoulders to ultimately create more curves.

Foundation (very important)

When you're a pear shaped woman, chances are that your breasts maybe a little small for your body/figure. Get a nicely padded bra that separates your breast. This adds a bit more volume to your chest and believe when i say it makes your cloths sit better.


WHAT TO WEAR

1. Wear bright colored tops - the goal of this is to create a distraction from your lower bottom to your upper half. Off the shoulder or slightly padded outfits are great on you too. Play with bright scarfs, brooches and the rest.

 


2. Sweetheart neckline look amazing on you - this broadens out your shoulders to balance off with your hips. Be sure to wear something clingy at the bottom tho. Anything to show off your shoulder is amazing on you.

 


 3. Jackets were made for you - go for padded jackets, blazers and even power sleeves like Tiwa and the bold color on Alicia keys. Its supper edgy and works great on you.

 


4. Wear Bold Neck-pieces - the bigger the better. Another great way of drawing attention to your upper body. Wear layers of pearls and statement necklaces.

 


5. Go clean at the bottom - you already have enough 'baggage' down there, no need to further accentuate. Flare pants (jean or tailored) look great and curvy. Pencil shirts are also a go-to.

 


6. Show off your assets - yeah baby! ain't nothing wrong with that! be careful tho. Try to wear dresses that are knee length or slightly below for the best fit.

 


7. Princess cuts works the best for your figure - very flattering

 


WHAT NOT TO WEAR

1 Avoid cloths that are bulky at the bottom - as you can see, this is very unflattering on Tiwa and Eva

 


2. Avoid anything sequin and bright at the bottom - we are trying to distract not the opposite. It only makes the area more visible - you can see how it plays down Jenifer love hewitt's figure here.

 


3. No No to too short clothings especially with heavy patterns at the bottom.

 


4. Do not wear cloths that are loose at the waist - if you have an obvious tummy (no problem) wear a spanx!

 


5. OMG! do not wear spaghetti tops or over plunggin necklines - they show off your barely there chest ( we don't want that now, do we)

 


6. Avoid cloths with pleatings at the waist - It makes your hips even more bulky. If you must do this, be stylish and balance off with a power shoulder.

 

Rules or not, the most important thing is to love your body - not many people are opportune to play in the same league as Beyonce and Jlo *winks*. I hope you enjoyed. Do let me have feedbacks - am excited to hear. Have fun!


Love,
SolaDunn.

25 comments:

  1. Ok Noted.... Tnx darling ....this is my first time commenting on ur blog but trust me as a fashionista who is trying well and still learning I just luvvvvvvv!!! ur blog especially the detailed write ups... Keep it up dear .... Will definitely be regular here
    Honney

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love dis u re really tryin I really gained from dis.Keep it up dear

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one dear,ll love u 2 talk abt d athletic figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i sent you friend request on facebook my name is olumide

      Delete
  4. I S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ much love dis blog..I luv fashion S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ much nd ur blog is makin me luv it d more..qudos 2 u darln sole...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please do talk about the opposite of a pear shape woman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweedy,if u mean the busted shaped,Soladunn has an article abt dat, Just check the first two weeks of April Edition ofcus 2013...Δm ª regular *winks*

      Delete
    2. @ anon 16:30, lol! many thanks sweets! xoxo

      Delete
  6. I would love u to talk abt apple shaped ladies.. Broad shoulders,ample bust and most times a narrow waist and hips... In others words, big up and small down *laughs*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kip up d good work Sola swit. Can't wait 4 d apple shape body type I.e pronounced boobs, big tummy, narrow hips etc

    ReplyDelete
  8. Today I wore a straight-cut skirt and I noticed I barely have any curves,it killed my confidence.what do you think can be done about it,at least to get my confidence back.I realy get jealous when I see curvy girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. are you kidding me? why the loss of confidence? every-woman is beautiful in her own way. What you need to do is find your most focal and favorite body part (legs, arms, chest .....)and always try to accentuate that to distract attention from your narrow hips. Also, chances are that you have a abroad shoulder - read my bust girl post. Hope it helps. xoxo

      Delete
  9. Kudos dear,I love ur write up.cos I fall under dis kinda lady,huge ass nd hips,slim waist nd small breast.I dnt like ma small breast,wish dey were a lot bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Noted sweety...wats ª spanx,u mentioned Ȋ† in uя don't rules #4.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are undergarments that firmly grips your body to make cloths appear more flattering on you.

      Delete
  11. Thanks for the love and support friends. To everyone requesting for the reverse of this body type, please do check out my busty girl post. It also applies to the triangle shaped women. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice write up. I m a pear shaped lady with medium sized boobs and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. SOLA HELP!!!!!!! I am a tall girl (5.11) and I wear size 10. I love my height but sometimes I feel straight cos I don't really av hips...

    ReplyDelete
  14. cool write up, but wat about a busty lady with lots of booty?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow,love your blog,this is my first time and I'm impressed,keep it up gurl,you're my new found love.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I luv ur blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi. A guy commenting here.

    I was reading some info about clothes for women with curves, hourglass and pear shaped to find some cool clothes for my wife that otherwise won't buy it for herself. Anyway, I just wanted to say that I don't understand what is the problem with short dresses. If it sits good on the waist and if there is enough in the top department to show and get attention there too, then what is the problem?

    Same with the so called spaghetti tops. What the problem? Or you mean that it is bad for women who have a cup A or B?

    Also, you didn't show a good picture for number 6. The skirts that go from the waist to the knee (or a bit above it, or a bit under it) are great!
    Oh, I think I found the name, pencil skirt (!?)

    Anyway, a great read. Learned a bit more about all of this.


    Thank you for the post.


    ReplyDelete
  18. good, our women here will know what to wear now and not to wear

    ReplyDelete