After having a look at my best Nigerian entertainment beauty looks, fashion icons/trend setters and the 'WTF' moments of 2013, what's left than we to appreciate those who graced us with amazing fashion, those who threw rose petals instead of sand into our faces, those who our heart skipped one or even several beats for, those we got lost in translation for, those errrrmmmm, what i'm actually trying to say is - here are my best looks of 2013. Lol!
1. Tolu Oniru - When the curvaceous OAP wore this dress a couple of months back, i knew in an instant it was going to make my list. Who could have ever imagined that a full figured woman could pull off such a bright hue in an effortless and chic manner. Toolz was an epitome of elegance at this yellow dress.
2. Stephanie Okereke Linus (Nue by Shani)- Thing is, the more i try to hate this dress, the more i fall in love with it. I adore everything about the way the rocked this frock. From her punky hair to her accessories......... sheer sophistication! Most definitely, one of my best looks on the sexy actress. BTW, the dress costs only $320. See, fashion doesn't always have be expensive afterall!
3. Eku Edewor - Need we say more about the svelte presenter! Naaaa! She's simply a doll. I don't know how she manages to nail everything she puts on her body, she just has her way of making it work every-time regardless of what it is. I wonder what her secret is?
4. Agbani Darego - Can she ever go wrong now? We don't think so! The ex beauty queen looks absolutely stunning in this orange number and it got us wondering - is she still reigning? If not, she'll pass.
5. Genevieve Nnaji - Arguably one of the greatest shocker of the year in Nigerian fashion. Apart from the fact that this dress fits perfectly on her, i give the gorgeous caramel skinned diva a double thumbs up for finally taking a fashion risk. Nice pair of girls on there genny *winks*
6. Osas Ighodaro - The beautiful actress brought Disney to live in Nigeria when she walked the red carpet of the AMVCA. Stunning!!!
7. Zainab Balogun - Call it saggy all you want, Zainab's jugs are the business in this dress. She looked every inch a princess in this full floor length gown by Shakara Couture I love the detailing and if a woman can pull this off with a low cut, she's gotta be doing something right hey!
8. Toke Makinwa - To many, this might be just a little white dress but to me, it is the 'perfect' LWD. Toke looked like a 'true lady' in this ensemble. No excessive hair/makeup, right amount of skin, perfect shoes.....she looked divine!
9. Rita Dominic - It was pretty difficult for me to choose just one dress on Rita this year cos she was an all round stunner. However, this lovely cape dress stood out for me because of its edginess. And oh, see, Rita has on a different hair style. Lol! She's just an incredible dresser.
10. Karen Igho - My only problem with this look is that i feel Karen should have covered her tatoo with makeup. Having your tatoo particularly a colored one for that matter showing through your clothes could appear tacky. Other than that, she was breathe taking at the AMVCA! She's never looked this beautiful. Her hair, makeup, fabric, fit, were all on point. Just take note next time girl! Lol!
Those are my most memorable fashion looks for 2013 in Nigerian entertainment. What's yours? Can't wait to hear from you.
Remember to follow me on twitter @soladunn and let's get the conversation going.......