From the streets to runways, RED is officially the color of the season (Christmas). Usually at this time of the year, people (particularly women) in a bid to incorporate the spirit of the season into their everyday look more often than not get overwhelmed with choices and ideas. Red obviously is a verybright hue. Its bold, beautiful, dangerously sexy and surprisingly, complimentary to various skin tones. Specially for you my fabulous readers, i've put together some of the simplest and easiest ways to pulling off your favorite red frock this season so rather you turn necks at your next outting, you break them instead. Lol!
Long, short, form fitting or flared, here are some amazing ways/tips to pulling off your favorite red dress this beautiful Christmas season.
1. Glamorous - Appropriate for an end of the year party held in a really glamorous ambiance. Pay attention to details if you're picking out a floor length red dress so you won't end up looking like a red hot horror. I specifically love Emma's waist cuff and karen's up to there slit. Other details like the shoulders, sleeve, fabric are other ways of adding a bit of edginess to your dress.
Note - keep in mind to tone down accessories, hair and makeup when you're wearing a long elegant red dress. The fact that you're in a whole lot of red is enough fashion statement. You don't want anything competing for further attention.
2. Lace - As we all are aware, lace was huge this year and still is. You can bring the lace in as over/underlay, paneling or whichever way you feel you can incorporate the trend. Red + lace = double sexy! Toke and Omowunmi both look fabulous.
3. Head to Toe Red - Who ever thought head to toe red was a faux had better think again. Toke and Simi Osomo clearly teaches us how combining a bright red dress, pumps and lips could be a stunner.
4. Nude Sandals/Pumps - Arguably, one of my best colors to pair with red. A pair of nude pumps are the perfect piece to add a touch of sophistication and class to your LRD. They neither overstate nor understate your look but instead pulls together everything. Emma and the blonde bombshell right here rocks this ensemble to perfection.
5. Red Lips - If you're the edgy/fierce fashionista who isn't afraid to take the plunge, go for bold red lips to compliment your red dress. How gorgeous does Agbani and Genny look. Note, if you're wearing red lips with a red dress, be sure to keep your other form of makeup and accessories minimal.
6. Shirt Dresses - I heart shirt dresses! They keep people guessing whether or not you're wearing a shirt or a dress. They are very fashionable and are the perfect way of looking stylish during one of your chubby days (we're gonna be having quite a lot of those Christmas now, won't we. Lol). Pair it with your favorite denim or leggings like Fade Ogunro or Waje and you're good to hit the dance floor.
7. Black Pumps/Sandals - For the more conservative fashionista. If you're looking for a way calm down your regal look, a pair of black pumps should be your go to. In as much as karen Igho and Tiwa Savage look amazing, i wish they chose a more interesting pair of shoes like this .........
How are you planning on rocking your regal dresses this festive season? Can't wait to read and even see your amazing looks. Lol!
I love you for reading!
Follow me on twitter @soladunn and let's get talking.......