To be honest, i really don't know much about Halima Abubakar but from the little i've read, she's an actress right? Anyways, she instagramed a pic of herself in an M slit long sleeve fitted red dress a few days ago and it got the infamous style question ringing in my head - WHAT WAS SHE THINKING? There's obviously a whole lot wrong with this look right here so for the benefit of those who are looking to step up their style game in the new year, here are a few tips you don't want to steal from this look!
1. If you don't have a well toned bod, keep off, i repeat, KEEP OFF cut-out clothes. Putting your major flaws up on display has never been fashionable. How dare you put those flabs out girl! Seriously now?
2. Never over accessorize. Accessories are meant to compliment and NOT compete with your clothes. From the bib necklace to the cuf bangle, wrist watch and rings.........way too stuffed!
3. When you're wearing an 'M' slit dress, the main concept is to emphasize your legs. Furthermore, if you're a short lady as Halima here, the goal should be how to make your legs look longer for the dress to be most flattering. To achieve that, you don't wear shoes like what she's got on here (not that its so bad). Instead, you opt for ankle strap stilettos or sandals - they elongate your legs better. BTW, i think a nice gold or champagne colored footwear would have looked better.
4. Too much weave makes you look fake. Yes, weaves are every woman's best friend but sincerely, you've got to agree with me there's just too much on Halima's head (always has been). There are a lot of quality 'natural' looking weaves in stores and am pretty sure Halima is more than 'bigz' to purchase one. *Deep sigh*
5. Except you're Miley Cyrus, never stick your tongue out when taking a picture. It doesn't look sexy! Believe me.
I get where she was going with this look however, the execution was terrible. I do like her makeup though! Wait a minute, did i write up there i didn't know Halima? Oh, now i remember, i honored her with my 'weave queen' award just a few weeks back. Lol!
Hope you've grabbed one or two lessons fron this ladies.
Don't forget to follow me on twitter @soladunn and let's get talking.....