Friday 12 July 2013

My facial routine in just few and easy steps...........


hahahaha!!! Don't mind my nasty nails (am sure you saw this from my nail art post here), Lol! Okay back to the face. Yes, our faces is undoubtedly the first thing people see when it comes to our body and trust me when i say the appearance of your face (smooth, wrinkled, spots, acnes, pimples,..........) goes a long way as to defining who you are. I totally understand that at this part of the world (considering the weather and stress), keeping up a healthy face could be a pretty difficult task - but guess what, with just a few easy routine (with dedication), you can get that beautiful look you desire without spending a whole lot...........


Okay now guys, i might not have a face like Beyonce or Genevieve but atleast i can confidently say i've got a fairly smooth one. So here below, i've decided to share a few of my tips on how to achieve and maintain a healthy face, hope it works for you too. 

1. Diet - Believe me when i say it starts with a good diet. Take advantage of the rainy season and treat yourself daily to chunks of vegetables and fruits. Diet is one thing i do not joke with because it has a great way of reflecting on my skin. It wouldn't cost you much to spend just N50 on oranges or carrots now would it. Lol!

2. Water - Am sure you've heard this one too many times in the past. Well, its time to walk the walk. It automatically tells on my skin if am not taking enough water so what i do is carry my fancy water bottle whenever am out and about (anything fits into those huge bags of ours, winks). Water is the best way of hydrating your skin - take it easy on pops,sodas and alcohol.

3. Never go to bed with your makeup - Keep this up and i assure you, one day you'll wake up looking 20 years older than your age. I don't care how tired you are, do not ever do this. Its bad enough that we (as women) have to clog up our pores with makeup all through the day. After your usual makeup removal at nights, do use clean water to cleanse finally. I understand how stressful getting your makeup off can get atimes so i'd advice you carry your facial wipes about so no matter how lazy you get, you can always reach for them. Shhhhhhh, i use Dr Brown's baby wipes. Lol! Neutrogena clensers are great!

4. Moisturize - moisturizer is the first thing i put on my face in the morning (before makeup, i wrote about this on my barely there makeup routine here) and the last thing every night. If it might interest you, i use Dr.Miracle day and night moisturizers.

5. Exfoliate/Perform your rituals - There are a whole lot of scrubs, from oat, lime, baking soda, and even coffee (which are all effective) but personally, i perform my facial rituals on weekends and i use honey + egg white (leave it on for 10-15min and rinse off before moisturizing). Really effective for black heads and wrinkles. I love the freshness on my face after this.

6. Do not use sponge on your face - i don't know how this may sound but i never use sponge on my face and i wouldn't advice it neither. I believe they are too harsh. Simply wash your face 'with your hands' till you get a rich leather then rinse properly (with warm water, preferably) before you apply moisturizer.

Note - you might have been using some products in the past but feel they aren't working - what you're obviously doing wrong is the routine. Getting the right routine is the secret to any product usage success so be sure sure to maintain a regular one!

After all said and done, this may or not work f or you but i really hope it does cos its incredibly been of huge help to me over the years. Don't get it twisted, ofcos there are times you break out like myself during 'periods and stress' but aside from those, my face is all good. Also  as much as you can, avoid too much chemical products - if you have a pimple, leave them *straight face*, they'll always go by themselves okay!

Hope you enjoyed reading........

Follow and share pictures with me on twitter @soladunn and lets get talking.......


Love,
SolaDunn.

25 comments:

  1. Thanks Sola, I am definitely going to try this routine. Kip up the good work. Bless you dear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thnx for sharing this..I'm on my Way to get Dr miracle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been using Dr. Miracle ''day and night moisturizers for 2 years now.I bet u each time I look @my face I love it the more.Try it u wont regret it.♥♡

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed reading Sola...pls is shea butter a substitute for moisturizer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Errrrmmmm, it works best for the hair and feet but the face, i wouldn't really recommend reason because it doesn't contain ingredients such as SPF to protect your face......xoxo

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed reading Sola...pls is shea butter a substitute for moisturizer?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tnx sola, my only challenge is I always forget to take off my make up. But I shall try.
    Mrs A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahah!!! i feel you jare but try my trick. Carry your facial wipes about so you can fix yourself anytime *winks*

      Delete
  6. Tanx sola, I nid help tho on my skin mayb readers can help.
    I'm fair skinned and I use fair and white cream, it makes my face white atimes so I try to reduce but I love d way it smoothens tho.
    My prob however, is dat oda parts of my body like my legs, hands and neck remain same. I Hv patches on neck. Please wat can I do?
    Anyone know where I can find a very gud cosmetologist or dermatologist in Lagos? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi sola, am a good reader of your blog and I alwys love your post, I need ur help on ma kneels they're black and I don't like it dat way and its alwys as if I bleached which I didn't, can you jst help me on what to use to make them fairer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to worry, i'll do a comprehensive post on that very soon okay! xoxo

      Delete
  8. I love u for this thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. indeed helpful Sola! wat propotion of honey n egg white pls! tnks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just in little proportions. An egg and 2 tablespoons of honey is perfect! xoxo

      Delete
  10. Tnx luv 4 answering my q cuz I askd u of a good moisturizer after u talkd abt alwaz using 1.will look 4 dr miracle product now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome! I hope it works for you as much as it has for me but also, please do remember to ask for professional advice before purchasing okay! *kisses*

      Delete
  11. Pls I nid to confirm smtyn bout dis mosturizer... (1st) u said wash face b4 sleeping, nd now ur rubbing mosturizer after, is d aim for a clear face @ nite not defeated? ( 2nd) U mosturize b4 applyin make up. My ques is dis, wen do u now apply body cream to d face? Or u don't? Does it serves as ur face cream?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your body cream (depending) may serve as a moisturizer but it is not most ideal. Instead, get a face moisturizer itself ( i stated my personal product above). I apply them before my concealer and yes, they work best at nights when your face is thoroughly clean.....xoxo

      Delete
  12. Soladunn pls wat do I do to mi face,it always brings out des white fatty stuffs,mi frends ask me to scrub hard wiv mi sponge which I do bt mi face is soo oily nd it stil appears atimes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would strongly advice against that. Instead exfoliate your face okay. xoxo

      Delete
  13. Thnks for finally responding

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Soladunn.pls is clean&clear cleanser better than neutrogena?which is more preferrable?thanks

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wat about johnson day and night?is a better replacement for neutrogena

    ReplyDelete
  16. Is Johnson day nd nite cream a better replacement 4 dr miracle day nd nite?

    ReplyDelete
  17. U dint ans ma questions :(

    ReplyDelete