Friday 30 August 2013

'BRA'fication from SolaDunn..........Vol 1!



Over the years working as a personal shopper/stylist with various types of clients, one of my biggest challenge is finding the 'right' bra to complement every apparel. Shopping for them is enough headache let alone, matching them with clothing. So, from time to time, i've gotten to learn that for every apparel, neck line, breast size, there's is always a perfect bra. I have therefore complied this post in-other to help you eradicate/solve the problems of wearing the wrong type of bra with your clothing. Below are the most common apparels, necklines, mistakes and solutions.

1. Racer backs/ cross back/ C- backs - Don't we all love our racer back tanks now. As popular as this is, even a trend has been created out of it (am guilty as charged myself), it isn't suppose to be so. To get the prefect finish, use a cross back clip like below. You can get away with 'bra out' trend when you are out and about on the streets but when it comes to dressing your tanks up particularly for a more classy and demure look, it doesn't always look best so try investing in a cross back clip. It is very simple to use cos it works with your normal bra.



2. Halter and backless - OMG! i've seen this one too many times in the past and seriously, girls need to just STOP! Lol! If you must flash some skin (which am totally up for, whoo hoo), please make sure you do it the correct way. I mean, its a total NO NO to have the whole of your bra showing through your clothing - really its eye aching. If you can't do without a full bra, then avoid apparels like this. However if you are up for the challenge, then opt for backless bras.



Backless bra i understand maybe a bit scarce to purchase but getting one is the best choice. As (un)supportive as they may look, they are very clingy and comfortable.



3. Off-the-shoulder - Oh Gwyneth! Wearing an off-the-shoulder top or dress with your bras poking out is not in anyway trendy but tacky. I know some are accidental but also some intentionally do this, why? 



If you must wear any apparel in this category, go for ONLY strapless bras. Either you opt for the specialized one or detachable.



4. Tube/Strapless, cut-outs and Turtle  necks - The strapless bras also apply to apparels in this category.



Don't worry if you are busty or flat chested, there's always one that fits great regardless of your breast size. Make sure that the side straps are extra firm tho to get a really good grip



5. Low backs - I love low back clothing, they are super sexy and a very good way of flashing some serious skin yet keeping things classy however not everybody get undergarments right 'particularly bras' in this department. If you must wear a low back apparel, your bra should NEVER be visible. Its either you get it right or not wear it atall. Opt for low backs. You can achieve this with the normal bra or you get a specialized one as seen below. 



The low backs come with straps and some strapless to suit your required needs. They are very comfortable and don't worry, they grip our girls perfectly. As a matter of fact, my rule of the thumb for this is 'the lower the back, the higher your cleavage' (only a very good bra that is). Lol!



6. Visible bra lines - Your bra should not sink into your skin either from the back , arms or the front. You may look at the image below and its easy to say 'atleast shes wearing a see through strap' but how about the side? They not just look unflattering through your clothing, they also make you highly uncomfortable - don't they now! Always opt for wide side strap bras to correct this and this apply especially if you are plus sized (however not typical). 


Having flabs isn't a bad thing and cosmetic surgery isn't only the way. As you can see from the pictures i've put side by side below, a very good wide side strap bra could have totally corrected the problem instead of going under the knife. Fashion doesn't always have to be pain.



7. Deep cuts or Decolletage necklines - For those times when you want to get your sexy on by wearing a decolletage, plunging neckline or just letting a couple of buttons loose from your shirts or blouses, don't take the risk - go for a deep cut bra. These bras are also called the V or plunge bras.



Again ladies, bras are undergarment and regardless of trend or civilization, it is very tacky to expose them. Not classy in any way! One of the reasons why i love my girl Kate Middleton *winks*



8. Fitted clothings - Tee shirts  Tanks, dresses, or stretchy fabrics, avoid lacy bras. 



instead, wear a padded or smooth cup bra with no lacy nor designs particularly on the cup. Beside, are't padded bras a woman's best friend, Lol! Either busty or flat chested, there's always one for you.




9. Bra-less - if you want to channel your inner Gaga or Rihanna by going braless (which i feel its unnecessary but am not against), use a tape. Its really not cool when your nipples are at 'attention', Lol!



Above all, ensure that your bras are very comfortable and they support your girls. I hope you've been able to grab one or two ideas from this piece.

I love you for reading!

follow and share me on twitter @soladunn and lets get interacting.........


Love,
SolaDunn.

43 comments:

  1. I loooooove you girl! Absolutely fabulous job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where can I get the backless bra? I enjoyed all u wrote and have gained more knowledge about Undergarments*BRA*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sweetie. Great post. Do you know where I can get very Good bras like this in Abuja?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must commend u. U do a very gud job of analyzing every post. I av always been ashamed of wearing bras dat av wide straps but wit dis expose, I am so ditching d uncomfortable tins I wear n I plan on getting more comfy. Tnxs a lot. ...........bimbola

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tnx sola u just made my day. Its not really easy for busty pple like me to get bras their size sha, it is frustrating at times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. U people will wait taya for answers to ur questions. I'v noticed that Sola only anwers questions when she has the answers. For those questions u can't answer, please let ur readers know that u are working on it or something. Keep up the good job thou.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and so? shud she give answers to what she doesn't know? Abeg take several seats and stop tryin to bad mouth people. Mtchew

      Delete
  7. One or two ideas ke? A lot of ideas and corrections to take note of. Especially, d wide strap bra stuff. Will get more of them.
    Sola, thanks so much. U're da bomb.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post sola darling.. I've really learnt a lot about how we should package our girls dem.. Hehehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best post eva sola.....now where do I get mysef sum girlie bras? Tanx. Signed:#QUEENTY#

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whr do I. Get d clip. For d c-cut tops! Also is dere a way toimprovise just for emergencies. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sola uve done a great job. Please can u help us with links as to where to buy bras from each category? I've got 2 big girls I'm carrying around and finding bras is a challenge. Thank u

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pls cn u post a site whr one can get good and afforables bra esp for a busty person here in naija nd ow can one get to knw her bra size.kip up d good job,God bless u.*kisses*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for d tips,Sola. Please that top is called Halter neck and not Alter. I can see ur H-factor came into use. Lol. Also capitalise ur I's when u use them as a pronoun. You're doing a great job by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! its wasn't the H-factor but a mere typo error! Thanks for noticing! xoxo

      Delete
  14. kul stuffz u knw backless bra, n d d strapless backless bra is such a gud idea whr cn i get it in lag d back less n strapless 1 cn serve many purposes

    ReplyDelete
  15. Most educative post eva! God bless u Sola, now where can I get dis bras? I always tot my bra is not in d market

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sola please post my last comment. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for youR encouraging words guys, i'll sure provide you with links once i get some really useful ones.....xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely post...good job my namesake, love u.

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love this post,its just that getting bras my size is frustrating! But I've learnt frm this post,as for the person that asked for where to get d clips,konga.com is where u cn get them

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great post sola

    ReplyDelete
  21. A very nice update dear,but the problem is,most of those bras are very hard to come by

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! Wow! Wow! #dancing Skelewu#. Gal, u nailed ds one, so comprehensive. I dey go shopping oooo

    ReplyDelete
  23. A very nice update dear,but the problem is,most of those bras are very hard to come by

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sole, i dey wait for tips to getting d perfect nude lips. Plsssssssss mk it fast. Kudos... I heart u.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice one girl..

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have learnt a lot!! I soo love this post!!! :* these models will be giving me hope :(, I always look off in any bra that isn't complete like with straps and all

    Btw, I love my bra showing sometimes eg. In big off shoulder shirts (not dresses like heidi) and by the side in muscle tees. It isn't always trashy :)
    Its annoying when ppl try to adjust it for me. Oh and I love kourtney's bra in that jumpsuit :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sola,pls the strapless and backless bra,where do I get it? Esp the padded ones cos I have very sensitive nipples so I don't ever wear bras that are not padded

    ReplyDelete
  28. u see why I love u girl? WONDERFUL post.... wen money come am definitely getting the different kinda bras and am back
    HONNEY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and d money will come soonest IJN, Amin!!! love you back

      Delete
  29. Nice post....well done

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love u pieces...

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ds is a 1derful post sola,I love ur blog die,cos am a fashionista(though I hardly av time 4 mysef now,)my boys ar taking 2 much of my time,it's isn't easy 2 be a mother.nice one sha!
    ...........Lydiaabby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwwww, thank you! my love to your little princes.....xoxo

      Delete
    2. Ok dearie,thanks

      Delete
  32. Ds is a 1derful post sola,I love ur blog die,cos am a fashionista(though I hardly av time 4 mysef now,)my boys ar taking 2 much of my time,it's isn't easy 2 be a mother.nice one sha!
    ...........Lydiaabby

    ReplyDelete
  33. Sola sola sola. U nailed it. U are officially my live reference on fashion issues. D love I have for u is cataclysmic (pls don't ask me what dat means) Zizi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahah!!! i think i kinda know what that means, Lol! Love you cataclysmic back darl! Do keep visiting and don't forget to always drop a comment! xoxo

      Delete
  34. Great job. Really informative. I never knew some of these bra shapes existed

    Belledazzy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love it , this is hard work .may I use some of you'r pics ? Plz
    instagram : Ajayip_up

    Best ❤🌹

    ReplyDelete