Friday 26 July 2013

SolaDunn's Top 6 styling for a regular blazer!





We all know that blazers especially black is a must have wardrobe staple. If by this day and age, you don't have one or two blazers in your closet, then you are still sleeping on a bicycle. Its a must have apparel for every woman - worn with literarily everything (skirts, shorts, dresses, pants, rompers and jumpsuits). It chic'ens your outfits, its trans-seasonal and its been around since forever. Today, am going to writing on how to spice/jazz up a regular blazer so it doesn't appear really basic and boring! Be it black, floral, lace, satin...........Here are a my few stylish approaches I recommend



1. Broaches - OMG! Broaches are really beautiful and elegant. Thinking its been done a lot of times before? Not this one! My professional styling advice when going down this lane is to do not one but TWO or more broaches! We've seen it done by the likes of Rihanna and  Sarah Jessica Parker - they look amazing now don't they. Two sure is better than one! Channel you inner royal *winks*



and oh! the brothers are not exempted too - how cute and sleek is Justin Bieber. One of my best looks on him. BTW, for fellas, i recommend you choose sophisticated and unique pieces while picking out one. BTW, please do one - just for the brothers! Lol!





2. Leather/Satin - I understand why its a little awkward to wear leather at this part of the world due to our climate but a little touch of leather here and there on our apparel screams sophistication. Get the lapel/collar of your blazers tailored and put on there a leather instead of the regular cotton or fabric. If you are too scared to do this, satin materials would suffice equally!



3. Belts - very flattering especially when you have a thin waist. Opt for a bold colored belt (patent leather preferably that contrasts with your blazers) with a statement buckle and I guarantee you have people singing *all I want is your waist, in Iyanya's voice*. Very fresh and modern approach.



4. Roll up the sleeves - we see people do this all of the time but the unfortunate thing is that its often being done wrongly. Do not roll your blazers into a short sleeve. The best way to get this right is by just folding the sleeves up TWICE and that's it! For the fierce fashionista, if you want to further perfect this, stack up your wrist!  




5. Get it punked - adding chains and spike to the shoulder/sleeve of your blazers just gives it a really fun and playful fell. I'll do tutorial on how you can attach chains and spikes on your apparel soon. I'd advice this for our much younger adults now cos if you are a lot old, it could appear desperate  So, go all out and get your blazers punked! Plus, if you are the sweet and girly type, you can get a little portion bedazzled too!




6. Pop the collar - ooooohhhh!!! My favorite! I'll be wearing this prolly over the weekend and I'll maybe put up a picture. I heart popping my blazer collar cositI makes me get into my 'Michael Jackson element' lol! Its a really nice blend of sophistication and fun. You know, that ruggedly sexy look! Yeah, you get the picture. Lol!



Can't wait to have your comments. Which of the styling are you really loving? Have you tried any in the past? Are you willing to give these a try? Am excited to have your thoughts.



I love you for reading!

Follow and share pictures with me on twitter @soladunn and let's get talking..........


Love!
SolaDunn.



22 comments:

  1. Tanx,going shopping.lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I love me some blazers. Gat em in diff colours. Wear em wt gowns, skirts, pants nd u never go wrong in em if u knw what u doing tho *winks*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tanx babe 4 d tip,I av a pink blazer bt am a bit confused wit d right colour to pair with it.kindly help a sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! let your imagination run wild but i'd advice you calm it down. Prolly florals if you are adventurous or black/cool colors if you are conservative. xoxo

      Delete
  4. Would want to try RiRi's kind of Blazers..they are so cool..love the first pics of her more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sola am not done readin buh juz rushd 2 comment nd I tell u I luv u so much.#u rock#.tinaluv says so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha!!! Love you tooooo Tina!!! Oya, get back to reading. xoxo

      Delete
  6. Actually wore a lime green blazer n a black dress today :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. africaintels.com26 July 2013 at 12:45

    love blazers die. visit my blog www.africaintels.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gat a lot of them bt don't really funkyzise wit 'em.. Bt now I knw betta. Thanks my darling Sola. Yours forever, kharisma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Sola,i totally love ya site.I come here every minute waiting on ya next column.Could you pls send us a link on how to buy an affordable blazers?.Very affordable*winks*.Need me some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. checkout Jumia or Konga for online shopping.......xoxo

      Delete
  10. Dis is so crazily cool.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Luvly. Wil get sum. Thanks fO̶̷̩̥̊͡Я T̶̲̥̅̊h̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ tip

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its like you style celebs nt regular people......some of us dnt knw whr to buy these stuff....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maka why now....blazers are everywhere na! Lol! checkout Jumia or Konga for online shopping.......xoxo

      Delete
  13. Hi sola,I av da green blazer & i dnt kno hw to style it to work..any useful suggestion of wat to match it wt???...Olatunde

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ermmmmm, are you a chick or a dude? Lol! regardless, just as i wrote above, let your imagination guide you especially when it comes to fashion howeever if you are a bit careful, calm loud colors down with blacks okay! xoxo

      Delete
  14. Sola,I luv ur blog..u make brain gan buh u neva post my comments

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good work sola,
    I have always worn blazers on dresses,shorts, jeans and anything I can....can't imagine my life without them
    Thanks for reminding me I could wear it with broaches
    Ure amazing...I wish you know how much your blog had done for me
    Keep up with your amazing work
    Xoxo
    Regards
    Ch!oma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am very happy to hear that chioma! *kisses*

      Delete