Sunday 8 September 2013

Genevieve Nnaji in Andrea Iyamah white jumpsuit - hit or miss?



Gorgeous Miss Genevieve Nnaji as expected brought sophistication and high class fashion to the red carpet at the Toronto premiere of movie 'half of a yellow sun' - however did she totally nail the look? Her white jumpsuit is by designer Andrea Iyamah from his fall 2013 collection. My opinion, i love genny but not this jumpsuit on her - sowie! Her hair and makeup was perfection (flawless) however i feel the jumpsuit is way too long in length and baggy particularly around the hip area for someone as petite as genny. What this does in reverse is that it makes her appear thicker and stunt (shorter). As you can see, it looks absolutely impeccable on a taller person as worn by model. For someone of her frame, i would have preferred something  not so high at the neck and fitted around the knees - that will better elongate her body and a visible strap sandal showing off her great legs would have nailed the look totally. Maybe a bit of tailored work would have changed this look but over to you guys, thoughts on her fashion for the event..............



18 comments:

  1. ({})♍Îşş Jenny9 September 2013 at 00:03

    Totally HIT with a capital letter, my Genny nailed it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with u Sola, but she's nt looking bad.




    ReplyDelete
  3. U are totally right sola,u've said it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is perfect on her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I kinda agree that it was way too long in length,same thing I told my sister but all the same she looks Beautiful and very classy..White is the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmnnn, sola, my first thot was gorgeous , but the length. I think she looks beautifull and d dress fits okey not too tight but she shud have cut off a bit of the length . The hips r ok not too tight.
    Mrs A

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sola will have to disagree with you on this one o.
    Genny nailed it 100%, I think d length is very ok compared with the model's.
    Its a big HIT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I disagree with you sola! She's perfection. The jumpsuit was made to be very long. They've been in trend for a while now. That's how its worn. Simply but classy hair do + make up! Perfect accessories? She so nailed it. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, the overly long pants is a trend. However, it is a trend that works best with thin and lanky women. You might not see it that way but when a petite person wears such, it drowns them and makes them even shorter. That is why you'll hardly ever see someone like Eva Longoria wear such, bcos of her frame BUT Heidi Klum on the other end, you'll always spot her rocking overly long flaire bottom pants comfortably. Its just my opinion tho, but then, everyone else's is welcomed, Lol.......xoxo

      Delete
  9. with all due respect Sola, I luv ur sense of fashion but I have to disagree with you on this one...I think she totally nailed it...It also looks better on her than the model

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sola,gbam....d model really looks better. Its more fitting on the model and she is taller. Ur opinion makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totaly agree with you,when I saw the pics I knew something was nt right.I love her make up and how simple she looked but very classy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. not my favorite person but she nailed it

    ReplyDelete
  13. not my favorite person but she nailed it

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think she nailed it sola.She even looks better than the model

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sola u ar so wrong. Genny nailed it. Perfection describes her. I heart

    ReplyDelete
  16. She totally nailed it.loved d fact dat its not so tight on her.and d length is equally cool.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wud have to disagree on this! this jumpsuit looks waaay better on her than on the model. as you can see, even on the model, the pants still long, that how it supposed to be worn... I loved her outfit, she rocked it!!!

    ReplyDelete