Its a new season now (Fall) and its time to print n match. By prints, we mean plaid, patterns, animal prints, checkered, florals and pretty much everything. As we all might know, fashion has evolved from the days where there were rules, celebrities like Solange Knowles and the likes have made mixing and matching prints these days are considered as high fashion for the fierce fashionistas. I've put this post together to guide you on a few options when getting into the popular seasons fashion - print mixing!
1. White tops - whites' are basic colors that goes with pretty much everything. Its is safe to calm things down with this approach.
2. Black tops - sequel to what i wrote on white's', black's' are also basic colors and works great with any/everything.
3. tops from the same color family - choose a particular color from your print pant and bring it out (highlight that) with the top you are going to be wearing it with. The minutest colors works best.
4. With denim shirts - jeans are hot at the moment and what you might not know is that they go pretty well with your print pants. Light or dark wash, they all look amazing.
5. Blazers - yes, the ultimate layering piece. If you are going to be wearing basic colors like black or whites, you can add an extra touch of edge by putting a blazer on it.
6. Pop of color - you can either choose a color from your print pants or not but do not stray too far away from it. The contrast of the bright colored top and print pants gives a really beautiful finish.
7. Remember your body proportion - this is very important. If you are heavy at the bottom, choose smaller prints below and bigger prints at the top. Likewise, vice-versa.
8. Head to toe prints - Oh Claire! What a beauty. Yes, you can rock head to toe prints provided you cool everything else down and that applies to accessories and even your makeup.
9. With Stripped tops - for the more edgy fashionista. Just make sure your stripped top is only in 2 colors. I prefer if its white and some other color.
10. With polka dotted tops - only for the very edgy fashionista tho.
11. With animal and graphic prints - alsi for the VERY and edgy fierce tho, lol!
So there you have it. As i always say, fashion is all about your imagination, its all about creativity, its all about you......so go all out and have fun with it.
I love your for reading and do share your thoughts. And oh, please remember to calm things line accessories ,makeup and hair down while mixing and matching prints so it doesn't become overwhelming....................
For all you fashion fanatics, you can check out Stella Jean, one of my favorite designers that works amazingly with print. Had to just chip in the skirts, i am in love........Lol!
Follow and share pictures with me on twitter @soladunn and let's get talking.......