Tuesday 6 August 2013

Nadia Buhari's African Print dress.......yay or nay???




Honestly, i don't like this dress on her and i'll tell you why. I usually feel for a dress that comes with busy prints particularly 'African prints', if you must wear them long, then keep the sleeves simple and vice-versa. I think the sleeves overwhelmed the gorgeous design and her bangs is a NO NO. You can't wear a busy dress and a busy hair together, they don't work. Excluding the sleeves, the dress was a great fit. I also do loved the decolletage neckline cos shes got amazing boobs (i must confess) and her skin, OMG!!! That is Nadia's outfit at the African Fashion and Arts Banquet held at the Dorchester Hotel in London. What are your thoughts???




14 comments:

  1. I love the prints so beautiful but the sleeves was a No and for the bangs I would say it didn't work well on her face. Lol sola but I never knew bangs on a busy print does not work together..noted!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, its kinda like the print, sleeves and bangs put together - Its just way too much for me. If the sleeves where off, i think the hair might have been appropriate (i.e Anna Wintour kinda style attitude) but well, fashion is subjective and its just my opinion. Hope you're well darl!

      Delete
  2. Really? And I'm so in love with dis style dt I've saved it for my designer.
    Are u saying long sleeves don't go with long dresses?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Its not really about long sleeve dresses (ofcos there are lots of amazing ones). Its more of a 'bold prints + long dress + long sleeve' combination for me. Fashion is all about risk so why not....go for it if you really do love! Kisses Vicky!

      Delete
  3. Nawa 4 u Soladunn! Ur own z too much sef. She looks perfect 2 me....I'll only agree wiv u on d bangs cos its much

    ReplyDelete
  4. *kisses* without homo from me to you.
    Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love ur fashion sense Sola. U spoke my exact thoughts. Zizi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't understand sola again oo how's that hair busy with her style she already packd the hair to avoid what yu said if the hair was dropping we can say is too much anyway I love what she wore is totally perfect

    ReplyDelete
  7. This dress is FAB.... I dnt like the hair but the fabric and design are perfect on her. long sleeves on dresses is the in thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything is BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. where can I get this dress or one that looks similar to this?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hy i loved this dress, I have a weding and i looking for something like this dress. I from Angola. xo xo

    ReplyDelete