Wednesday 8 May 2013

Must see looks from Bended Knees premiere!



A big congrats to Chioma Chukwuka on the premiere of 'Bended Knees' - her very first movie production. It took place the Silverbird Cinemas, Ikeja a few days back but you know it couldn't have gone down without some wonderful and wellllllll weird fashion choices. Lol! Check out my tops looks from the event.

Chioma Chukwuka 



Even tho the color combination (red+pink) was a huge hit from 3-4 seasons back (2011), i still heart Chioma in it. The leopard pumps was a bit risky but it works as the needed touch of freshness to the dress and the asymmetric cut really worked for her body. I feel she could have done a lot better being the lady in the spotlight but i do give her a thumbs up for taking a risk and trying.

Ini Edo



This is by far the best i've seen Ini Edo in a long while. I loved the hint of Ombre in hair (very modern), classic red lips and particularly the dress wasn't too tight on her - the shoulders were exactly what she needed to balance off her pear shape. She looked really chic and beautiful, and oh! her manicure were so on point. lol! I however wish she toned down on accessories tho since her lips were classic red - minimal accessories and nude pumps would have been better (just as seen on Keri Washington)  but that don matter, she looked dashing and was one of my best looks for the night!

Rita Dominic



This was exactly what i highlighted as a DON'T on my post based on the the rectangle shaped woman. If you are this body type (rectangle), you have to be extra careful with men inspired wears - and to further top matters, she had to go back to her Afro, WHY Rita??? I understand the whole monochrome inspiration cos its very 'in' at the moment but am sorry, its not just working for her body. I do really like her pumps by the way!

Susan Peters



Oh Susan! again i'll have to refer back to my post on rectangle shaped woman. Avoid bogus/baggy clothings. It does absolutely nothing for your body. I don't know the Indian look she was going out to achieve but that Sari was poorly wrapped from every possible angle.

Kate Henshaw



Now this is a woman that understands her body and knows how to WERK it. From the V-neck line, thin statement belt and hip detailing on her jumpsuit......absolute perfection. I loved that she pulled her hair back to elongate her neck, barely there makeup and minimal accessories. I would have liked if the jumpsuit was fitted and not flare at the ankle tho but it works and it ROCKS! If you must know, Kate is also rectangle/athletic shaped. Most definitely one of the best looks for the night. She is one classy woman isn't she!

Annie Idibia



It hurts me so much whenever Annie goes wrong - i mean, she's too beautiful! The only thing i love about this look is her makeup. The hair, accessories and dress.....not working girl! As TuFace's first lady, she has just got to 'up' her game. Lol! With an amazing bod like that (how many mothers have such firm breasts, huh?), there's a whole lot you can do with it. Annie is one black woman i  like to compare to the gorgeous Taraji P Henson. Right?

Just want to mention - here in Nigeria, it is important to note that quite a number of women lack waist definition which is one of the main criteria that qualifies you as a rectangled shaped woman (myself inclusive) - please note that it is not a bad thing to be this body type, as a matter of fact, it is one of the body types with the most minimal donts but you just have to realize its all about the WAIST. Rita and Susan made this mistake - great ideas conceptually but very wrong executions.

I also feel we should start embracing the whole idea of 'professional stylists' in Nigeria particularly for celebrities - with that, fashion and style would be a lot more interesting! Don't you think? Lol! What are your thoughts on their styles/looks???

BTW, i was listening to Pink ft Nate Ruess - just give me reason.......awesome track! not that it has anything to do with this post tho. Lol!

follow and share pictures with me on twitter @soladunn


Love,
SolaDunn.

9 comments:

  1. I wish I cld understand Rita cox she's loosing it these Days..yea I luv chioma's Dress but her shoes ws so wrong for the Dress..Maybe I'm the only one that doesn't like Kate's jump suit,there's sumthing wrong with that outfit probably it wasn't well ironed or I just can't place my finger on the problem..Hw u doing sola??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am doing very well April, thank you. Trust you're good too.......xoxo

      Delete
  2. Annie, rita... just awful! I knda lyk susan peters and kate's, I thnk they look lovely as for chioma not so much

    ReplyDelete
  3. My best is Kate Henshaw (that is something Comfortable and also Elegant for the event). Oh Susan! Poor Susan! Wrong dress for the event and also her body. I really don't know what is always going on with her. Rita I love you so much but please I'm tired of seeing that Afro because you also look good with your hair down na. Annie I have nothing for you, just fed up with your outfits these days and Ini Edo I'm reeally Impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sola me I tire for u o,tho I don't support that hatr that keeps harrassing you but how can u say ini edo would have worn nude pumps,pumps with that floor length back style? Mbanu I can't deal.Chichi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha!!! yes o my dear chichi. A nude 'pointy toe pump' would have been the perfect touch of class that dress needed. Take a look at the beautiful Keri Washington in a quite similar outfit (now attached, that picture was taken today). hmmmmmmm you say.......lol! How are you babes....xoxo

      Delete
  5. Sola babes I'm fine o,but I believe Ini's shoes is d only fashion statement she has on.they r so in right now,I rem when tiwa rocked hers and pple were sayying 'did she borrow it frm her mum? Fast forward to a few months later and its so everywhere in stores but of course expensive.same as rita dominic.d wrong tin I see on ini is her choice of necklace else she looks fab in this season's foot wear.I'd say she upped her game n great shoes

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful outfit Chioma. .. don't know about the hair


    obyazike.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where can I get that dress from the movie Bended Knee. Chioma wore it toward the end of the movie, it was long, gray or silver in color.

    ReplyDelete